Monday, May 10, 2010

One Big Catch-Up Post...

Oh, I had such good intentions... but then, Busy Season happened. :)
So, this post will cover the last (gulp) three months of our life.


February 2010

In mid February (Friday, February 19 to be exact), Kevin and I found out we were having a baby! (This has also delayed my blogging as I wasn't ready to share with everyone yet, but hard to talk about everything else and leave something so huge out of the posts!)

A few pictures of the little peanut:

March 2 (6 weeks):




April 2 (10 weeks):


April 16 (12 weeks):



We are due October 26 and are so excited. Fast forward to the current day, and I'm 16 weeks and already exclusively in maternity clothes. I guess what they say is true - you show faster with the second one. I felt like I popped out the minute the pregnancy test was positive!


When you tell someone you are pregnant, the first question is "when are you due?" (which I've already covered) and the second question is "what are you having?". Right now, I think we will find out - but it looks like the first opportunity for that will be mid-June - so just four more weeks!


I know that if it were only up to Kevin, he would wait for the surprise, but I just don't know if I can do it. With Monkey, I tried to do wait... but on the way to the 20 week appointment (when I knew that they would be able to tell us), I caved and told him I had to know. It was seriously causing inner turmoil! (man, I am dramatic when I'm pregnant)


I have been feeling pretty good so far during the pregnancy. Just a little tired and so very thankful!


And, in case you haven't noticed, I changed the name of the blog... we are now officially, "All About the Conways!".


March 2010

With 'busy season' technically wrapping up, this month started a new work challenge for me: travel. I have been fortunate to have not had to travel the last 9 years of being with D&T, however, I now have a client in New Mexico. All in all, it's a great opportunity and it made sense for me to accept the project when I did (in October!), but, it's a lot harder when it's actually time to go. The good thing is that we only travel Monday morning through Thursday evening, so I only miss three bedtimes and I don't have to go every week. I think I have two more trips planned until the end of June, when I'll revisit with my doctor about flying.

I had been a little concerned about traveling while pregnant (since we travel to a remote part of NM, we have to fly in the client's private plane - which sounds all rockstar, but in fact, its a little terrifying - it seats only 8 passengers and 2 pilots and tends to 'move a lot' in the flights). My doctor assured me that there was no risk to the baby - however, he mentioned that my motion sickness would probably be worse than normal. He was absolutely right, but since my fear of flying is far outweighed by my fear of throwing up in front of people in close proximity, I have managed to not blow chunks on any of the trips! Maybe I was born to be a rockstar!

A cute picture of CC from March:




April 2010

We celebrated Easter Sunday with an early dinner at the Cowboy's house with his family and then went down the street to see Kevin's parents. It was a nice day. Camryn does not understand Easter eggs yet - she would find them, but then just chew on them. Maybe next year she'll really get into the hunting part. (the first picture, she was saying "Toodles" - from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - and looking thru her Easter basket)







Also this month, we made a trip to Simonton. When I was growing up, Mom and I would travel there to ride our horses. Mom kept her horses on land owned by some family friends, Dave and Randy, and we have some great memories from those rides. Dave has not been well in recent years and it had actually been since before I was pregnant with Camryn that I had last been to Simonton to visit. We had the chance to go there on a Saturday and had a great visit. CC was so sweet to him - held his hand while she walked and gave him kisses and hugs when we left.




May 2010

We celebrated Mother's Day this weekend by having Mom, Robert, Rich, Lu and Buddy over for an early dinner. Kevin cooked fajitas and all the fixins and it was a nice afternoon.

And now, a little about our CC...

She has definitely come into her own little personality the last few months. She's very sweet and tender hearted, but at the same time can be painfully bull headed! She definitely has a tendency to be shy, but after a little while, usually opens up to most people. She LOVES school and has a great time there. Her teachers are all really sweet and I can tell that they care about her - which makes it so much easier to have her there while we work.

Kevin and I had our first taste of having to do homework last week. They sent home an "All About Me" poster for her to complete - which, when they are 18 months old, this is pretty much an assignment for the parents. It was a little entertaining - we had to fill in her favorite food, favorite color, what she wants to be when she grows up, favorite animal, what she wishes for most in the world - I hope we picked the right answers! And, not only did we have to fill in the blanks, we also had to draw (hilarious) or attach a picture for each blank. Needless to say, we opted for the attaching a picture. I am hoping that we get the poster back, but until then, this is how we filled in the blanks - I wonder how our answers change once she can actually tell us!

All About Camryn Conway

Favorite Animal: Otis
Favorite Color: Pink
Favorite Food: french fries (I'm a bad mom)

This is My Family:



I want to be a veterinarian when I grow up.




My favorite place to visit is the beach.




My favorite thing to do is ride my pony, Joe.




The thing I wish for the most is my driver's license.




Obviously, she doesn't wish for her driver's license (we don't think), but it was a funny picture and who knows how she would answer that question!


***



Here are some likes and dislikes:



Likes:
* Yogurt, french fries and hotdogs
* Going to Pena's for Breakfast once a week
* Bananas (I think she likes to say Bananas more than eat them - ba-naaaaa-nas)
* Playing outside

* Otis (actually, all animals - except maybe lizards - see funny story below)
* Bath time
* Brushing her teeth and brushing her hair (on her own, thank you very much)
* Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the Hot Dog Dance
* Feeding herself
* Saying "Hi" and "Bye Bye" to everyone (have to say it with a thick southern accent to get it just right)
* Naps, binkies and loveys (yep, she still has a binky...what to do, what to do...)
* Holding hands while walking
* Giving kisses (real ones, eskimos, butterflies)
* Medicine (she's weird)
* Blowing bubbles!



Dislikes:

* Grass/dirt on her hands or feet
* Lizards

Now, when Kevin reads this, he'll say, "She doesn't dislike Lizards." I know, I know... but I may have ruined them for her for awhile, at least. A few weeks ago, we were in the driveway playing one evening and Kevin caught a lizard for CC to look at. She sat on his lap for a long time, very intrigued by this lizard. She pet him a few times and then... suddenly... it jumped from Kevin's hand and grabbed a hold of her finger. It didn't hurt her - I know that - but before I could tell myself that it didn't hurt her, I screamed. Bloody murder. She looked at me wide-eyed, puffed up big time, and did a silent wail (which, of all the wails, this is the most serious). It took us awhile to get her calmed down (and, also weighing on my conscience, I probably killed the lizard by the scream - we couldn't find him again that night). So, since that evening, I have had to pet all sorts of things and act really cool and calm about it. For those of you who know me well, you know I have a lot of unfounded fears (legs breaking backwards if I run too fast, having my hair blown off on windy day, bursting into flames -- you think it has to do with playing too much Would You Rather?) - but one of my founded fears is all things bugs. But, I love my baby so much that I actually pet a Grasshopper this weekend. YUCK!

Here are pictures of her with the lizard pre-scream.



That about sums up the past couple of months... a lot going on in the Conway Casa... and it's only going to get crazier!

More later!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Fun post!! I like the catch up. Camryn is sure growing! I can't wait until mid-June!! My prediction=another girl. Not sure why!? So, and official congrats about the baby! I hear you on the maternity clothes...I cannot even fit into some of THOSE now!! Take it easy at work...

Hope to see you soon,
Allie