Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Night-night Tate

Tater Tot Conway,
November 12, 2000 - September 12, 2010

On Sunday, Kevin and I made the hard decision to put our oldest Boston to sleep. She has been on a slow decline for the last year and even with our greatest efforts, we could not help her.
She was a great dog and we will miss her. It helps to know that she is no longer in pain, that she is running again and chasing balls, and most importantly, that she is reunited with Tigger. Tate was never the same after Tigger died - they had such a sisterly bond. We are hoping that Otis copes a little better, but all the same, we are going to get a puppy soon. And, what perfect timing the Conways have - I mean, with a baby about 6 weeks away and a toddler, why not throw a puppy into the mix?

Otis and Tate, over the last few years:

We were not meant to be a one dog house. There is a big hole in our hearts from losing our Tater Tot that only a smushy faced puppy will fill. She will never be replaced, just like crazy O has not replaced Tig, but it helps all the same. Night-night, Tate...you were a sweet, sweet girl...

2 comments:

Allie said...

Aw, Jess, I am so sorry! I know that was a hard decision. You have some really happy times coming up though in a few short weeks!! Maybe wait until you are used to having three kids (O included here) before adding a 4th??? :) Just a suggestion from a crazy mom.

Grandma said...

Made me cry like the baby I am. So, Until the day comes when we meet again....