We have had a busy week...
On Friday of last week we took Camryn to the pediatrician so that he could check her out and make sure there wasn't anything else we needed to be doing for her cold. The night before had been a rough night (and pretty much all have been since then) because of her drainage/coughing. But, you wouldn't have known that the baby I'm speaking of and the one that showed up at the doctor's office were the same baby! At the pediatrician's office Camryn was chatty, smiley, and overall just plain adorable -- rewind to 2:30 am that morning, screaming bloody murder and snotty all over the place. I suppose it just figures! The doctor assured us that we were doing all we can and colds like this can sometimes last up to a month - all I can say about that, is AWESOME! Oh, and poor baby. :(
So, since we were supposed to bring her in again in just a few days for her 4 month shots, they went ahead and did her 4 month appointment then too. She did so good! I let Kevin hold her this time for the shots, since I had to do it on my own for her 2 month appointment. She only cried a little this time and pretty much just slept the rest of the afternoon. Then we had a nice night with Brian, Kayleigh and Bryleigh -- cooked dinner and just hung out. A picture of Camryn passed out after the ride home from the appointment:
They did measurements at this appointment:
Weight: 13 lbs, 15.5 oz (50-75 percentile)
Length: 25 1/4 inches (75-90 percentile)
Head: 42 cm (75 percentile)
She's a growing girl!
The weekend was pretty low-key -- Camryn was 4 months old on Saturday - we just hung around the house that morning and then in the afternoon went to Janet's house for a St Patty's day dinner (Janet is Camryn's boyfriend Caleb's Grandma -- or GJ). The kiddos stared at each other a lot this time too, although we did not get a picture of them together until we were about to leave, which is right after Caleb fell asleep. So, we propped Camryn up next to him and got a few pictures:
To see more of cute Caleb, check out his blog at Cox Chronicles on the right.
Sunday night Kevin went fishing overnight with the Medearis boys -- as Kevin says, they went fishing, didn't do a lot of catching -- and Grandma Linda came over early Monday morning (6 am!!) to stay with Camryn while I had a doctor appointment and then had a few other errands to run before work. They hung out for the morning and then Grandma took her to school and dropped her off. She's doing great at school - there is a little girl in the crib next to Camryn's that is very excited to see her when we bring her in - it's really cute.
The rest of the week was pretty much just work/school and trying to get into a routine. Kevin's been able to get some work done during the day now that she's going to school and she seems to really like it. Camryn is starting to take longer naps at school and more often than not is worn out after the day. I suppose that it will take her some time to adjust.
Camryn's Firsts for the Week:
First week that we think she might be teething. She has been a drool monster the last several days and now would much rather chew on your finger (or her fist) than suck on her binky. When we were at the doctor's office, the nurse commented that she was teething (which could also explain the trouble she's had recently with eating and sleeping through the night). We gave her a teething ring for the first time last night and she LOVED it. Here is Oneill holding her teething ring for her:
First time to "hug" us. I noticed that when I pick her up from school, she's started wrapping her arms around my neck. It's TOO cute and one of my favorite things ever. Not sure if she's really hugging, but I'm going with that - so you go with it too! Here she is hugging her Daddy last night (see the tiny hand on his shoulder - heart, melting): (you can also see that we still have sheetrock repairs to do from Hurricane Ike -- one of our last things to do...)
First week to really be up close and personal with the puppies. I've written before about how she has started to pet the dogs - and she has done more of that this week and is completely mesmerized by them when she sees them. Especially Otis. But that's probably because he's always in trouble! Here she is with Tate and Otis, separately...the entire time she's near them we just repeat ourselves: "No Lick" -- you can see that Otis cannot help himself. (you can also see that she's almost stripped down, which means we were close to bath time -- I can't handle him licking her!)
First time to wear her Bling Baby Hat that Aunt Kayleigh got her: LOVE IT!
I suppose that I put it on her a little crooked the first time (its still a little big!), so Kevin turned his hat to match hers -- aren't they cute being silly together?
First week that it seems like her hair is changing (she's losing more of her newborn hair and new, lighter hair is growing in) -- it's a very serious mullet at this point (can't wait for it to all fall out!) -- I call it her Monkeybutt... probably not very nice of me!
Just a few random pictures from the week - mostly just before and after school in her cute outfits!
And now, for the fun picture(s) of the week: Camryn and her Daddy like to play "Supergirl!" -- which is really cute to watch... here are a few pictures - one she is looking down at him with the biggest toothless grin. My favorite. :)
More next week!


1 comment:
I LOVE the pink hat!!! LOVE IT! She is sooo cute. Also, I remember when Lindsey started to hug me and it is totally my favorite thing as well. So sweet. She is a doll and I can't wait to see her again...and for Meagan to grow up a little to play with her!
Post a Comment