Well, tomorrow is a big day: Camryn starts 'school'. We are going to ease her into this new routine - Kevin is going to take her to to school for a few hours tomorrow (think happy thoughts from 10-2!), then probably a little longer on Thursday and Friday. I am still going to be working modified hours for the next few weeks, so once she has transitioned and stays longer than a few hours, I will hopefully be picking her up around 3:30. I am not looking forward to her starting school (I'm going to say this instead of daycare, easier for me) -- but I keep telling myself that a lot of kids do it, they are going to love her (how could they not?!?) and it will be ok! Alrighty then!
So, funny story about last week, I gave myself a concussion. So, unlike most weeks, I don't really have a lot of pictures, since everything since last Tuesday is a blur. :) For those of you that know me well, this story will not be a surprise. Last Tuesday, we had a nice afternoon - I came home from work and Grandma Lo, Aunt Leigh-Leigh and Jackie came over to visit Camryn. They stayed for about an hour and then that evening I was unplugging something underneath the kitchen counter. When I stood back up, I came up right underneath the counter - and BAM!!! - blacked out for a few seconds and then stumbled into the study to where Kevin was. Long story short (too late!), I did not go to the doctor until the next night, when I was still feeling weird and had a TERRIBLE headache. So, a trip to the ER and a ct scan later it was determined to be a concussion. Could have this headache up to two weeks! Awesome. A week later, the headache is starting to lift, so that's good news!
Here is a picture from the visit with Grandma Lo:
Camryn's Firsts for the Week:
First week to enjoy playing in her room: for the last few days, we've spent time upstairs in her room 'playing'. She sits in her bumbo and picks up toys that I put on her tray. More often that not, she picks up the toy and takes it straight to her mouth. Very exciting!
And you all know that Otis cannot be far away at any time. This is the zoomed out view of Camryn playing.
First time to ride in her car. This was a gift from the Enterprise team and one that we could not wait to use! Camryn loves to stand up -- for those that have held her recently, you already know this, since she makes it quite difficult to cuddle her because she wants to stretch those legs and use them! So, with the walker - she can stretch her legs out and go crazy.
First time to pet Tate and Otis. A few evenings ago, Kevin was telling me that Camryn pet Tater earlier that day - put her hand out and then opened and closed her fist. That next day, I got to see it for myself - so sweet. She is just mesmerized by the dogs (and also the cat, but Guskitty slips away pretty easily) and almost always smiles when she sees them. I am now starting to feel a little sorry for the puppies when she is on the move - there will be no stopping her!
First time to have a diaper that caused her Daddy to take the entire car seat apart and wash each piece! (and she did it 2x in one week!) I will spare everyone the details this time -- this is what I walked in on when I got home that afternoon from work:
We had a quick trip to the pediatrician today. Since I also have an eye infection that they treated me for when I got checked out for the concussion, I have been a little concerned that CC was exposed to something contagious. The last few days we have noticed that she has been really rubbing her eyes a lot more than normal and even scratched her eyelids a little, so we thought we should get her checked out. Turns out, she's ok - no infection. Probably just a little irritated by this constantly changing weather and our inability to have a constant temperature in our house. We were able to get an updated weight and she is now tipping the scales at 14 lbs, 3 oz! This is up from 10 lbs, 10 oz not even two months ago! We are scheduled to go for her 4 month checkup and immunizations next Friday, so we'll have an updated weight then too.
And now, for the fun picture of the week. This is a fun video -- hopefully y'all can hear her laughing. She's started to laugh a little more the past several days - so fun. :)
More next week!


1 comment:
Awww its so cute when they start to laugh!!
I hope Camryn has a great first day of school. I was so nervous when Carson started but, like most things, I think it was harder on me than on him!
Post a Comment