As I started this post, I downloaded my pictures from the past two weeks and I really, really, really take too many pictures! But she's so pretty, I've got to share! So, this might end up being a picture post too!
Camryn's Firsts for the Past Few Weeks:
First birthday party to attend. Camryn's cousin Carson (Kevin's cousin Erik's son, check out his blog link - Carson and Family) turned two at the beginning of April - such a big boy now! - and had a birthday party last weekend. CC and I attended without Kevin because he was in Galveston for a fishing tournament. We were only able to stay for the first hour because we then headed to Galveston to meet Kevin and the Medearis' for dinner. I took some pictures of her in her outfit from Marisa (and sitting up like a big girl!) before we left for the party:
First trip to Galveston. Camryn was absolutely worn out from the hour we spent at Carson's birthday party that she snoozed the entire way to Galveston - thank you!!! - and then enjoyed herself at dinner. She used to be so portable when we went to dinner - we would leave her in her carseat and she would either sleep or just look around. Well, I think I messed that up because one evening I took her out of the car seat (because I wanted to snuggle - I know, shame on me!) and ever since then, she has wanted out. So, when we went to dinner in Galveston, we didn't even bother taking her seat in - we just passed her around the table and took turns eating. Can't wait until she's big enough for a highchair! (even though I have heard it only gets more difficult...oh well!)
First 3 Day Weekend. Camryn's school was closed on Friday, so I took the day off and we all had a 3 day weekend! Kevin golfed with my mom and the Vidals while Camryn and I met my friend Andrea Rod for lunch and shopping. CC did so good and stayed in her car seat for the whole lunch! She also let Rod snuggle with her after lunch. After their golf game, the Vidals and Grandma Linda stopped by to see Camryn.
First Easter Sunday. For Easter Sunday, Camryn wore the pink dress and tights from Aunt Pattijean and was probably the cutest baby girl ever (can't say the cutest baby ever because her boyfriend Caleb was pretty darn cute too - check out his blog at Cox Chronicles). Mom and I had a first on Easter Sunday also - we attended church online. It was a little different to go to church in your pj's - but was so nice to still be able to listen to the music and the message on this special day (all the while Camryn played and napped in her pack and play for most of it!). Around lunchtime, we headed to Brookside where we stopped by Oneill's and then went down the street to spend the afternoon with Granny and Pawpaw. We had a great meal and Camryn was happy for the whole day!
By the end of the day, she was absolutely exhausted and actually passed out while eating her last bottle, which doesn't happen very often anymore. She then had a complete meltdown after being asleep for about 25 minutes. And by complete meltdown, I mean, COMPLETE MELTDOWN. We finally got her calmed down and asleep again about an hour and a half later in our bathroom, in her bouncer with the vibration on, while I blow dried my hair and rocked her bouncer with my foot, IN THE DARK. Exhausting! We just really have to remember to keep her on her schedule and get her naps in - even during holidays - she was way overstimulated!
First time to read the paper. She is suddenly very interested in everything we have in our hands - food, drinks, paper, anything. I was looking at a Babies R Us mailer this afternoon and she wanted to hold it. She had so much fun! (and it even kind of looks like she's reading - or picking out a new carseat!)
And some random pictures of our chunky monkey from the last few weeks:
And now, for the funny picture of the week. Camryn definitely notices the camera now (probably because I stick it in her face for about 30 minutes every day, right?! Haha!). The problem with that is she'll smile at me, I'll pull the camera out, and blank stare. No smile. So, I have tried to fake her out a few different ways. This picture was the result of me trying to hold her attention with me and I snuck the camera out sideways where she wasn't looking. At least I got one eye!
More in a few weeks! (CC's 5 months old tomorrow - can't believe it!!)


1 comment:
Happy 5 months old!! WOW- cannot believe it! It goes sooo fast!! I see she has a headband...did you find the one at Doodles? Does it fit better? Hope to see you both again soon.
Post a Comment