Since I haven't been keeping up with my weekly updates, I'm going to do a catch up one now. I will try to be better about updating. I think the real challenge is now that she's mobile, it's a little harder to take pictures of her - we're always chasing her somewhere!
There have not really been a lot of firsts since we last posted, other than one big one - SHE'S WALKING NOW! It really started a few weeks ago - she would walk from me to Kevin and back and forth, with some encouragement. Now, she just takes off!
A few pictures of her walking: (I need to get a picture of it because now that she's walking longer distances, she typically holds her hands up high - like a little monkey! - for balance. It's so funny!)
I am going to do something a little differently in this post - instead of "Firsts", I'm going to do "Likes". These are all the things that Camryn is currently crazy about.
She likes animals. She has always been aware of the puppies, but I suppose now that she's mobile, she really seeks them out. And I could have sworn she pointed at Otis and said "dog" this weekend, however, we don't ever call Otis "dog". It's more like "BAD DOG OTIS!" Now, if she pointed at him and said "bad", that might have actually happened!
Also, when she is with Grandma Linda and Cowboy, she apparently "Calls her cows". I have not witnessed this, but it is a little 'ooooooh' sound. I can't wait until I can hear it! A picture of Camryn sitting on George (our little donkey) earlier this month:
She likes drinking out of a straw. Camryn also learned how to drink out of a straw earlier this month. The only problem with this is that when I am drinking my drink with a straw, she thinks that she can have some too. Not sure if this is the best time to start Diet Coke for breakfast!

She likes to snack on our food. We have started sharing most of our food with her - the girl will eat anything! Its hard to say what her favorites are because she has not turned down anything that I can recall, but she does an especially loud "mmmmmmm" with fresh tomatoes.

She likes to sit in her car walker on the driveway and let her hair blow in the wind. Ok, so not sure she really likes the wind, but I love these pictures. Look at those cheeks in the first one (when she relaxes her face, she really looks like her Grandpa J).


She likes to crawl up the stairs. On her own. She now gets really frustrated if you want to carry her up the stairs or if the gate is blocking the stairs (which is always is if she's on the loose). This is the face she gives me if I won't open the gate. It's a very serious face.


She likes to snack on our food. We have started sharing most of our food with her - the girl will eat anything! Its hard to say what her favorites are because she has not turned down anything that I can recall, but she does an especially loud "mmmmmmm" with fresh tomatoes.
She likes to sit in her car walker on the driveway and let her hair blow in the wind. Ok, so not sure she really likes the wind, but I love these pictures. Look at those cheeks in the first one (when she relaxes her face, she really looks like her Grandpa J).
She likes to crack herself up. I think this picture says it all!
She likes to crawl up the stairs. On her own. She now gets really frustrated if you want to carry her up the stairs or if the gate is blocking the stairs (which is always is if she's on the loose). This is the face she gives me if I won't open the gate. It's a very serious face.
She likes to look at her books. It's really cute to watch her study her books. She points and we say whatever object over and over again. She studies how we say it, but has not really started to mimic us yet. I feel like when she does start talking, it's just going to all come out at once.
She likes to ride her rocking horse. Her Gran-granny gave her a rocking horse for Christmas and she is now big enough to sit on it and rock! She doesn't yet rock it on her own, but we are close to that, I can tell.
- She likes to pet the puppies
- She likes to sit on my lap when I put my makeup on and look in the mirror
- She LOVES to makes big splashes in the bath tub
- She likes to pull off my earrings and my glasses. Still!
- She likes to rub her feet on her Daddy's head
- She likes to eat ice
- She likes pumpkins!
We started teaching Camryn sign language in September and suddenly she is picking up so much of it! Each one has her only little style that she adds to it, so it might not be exactly like the 'preferred method' but, we know what she's saying. She can do 'eat', 'more', 'puppy', 'all done' (this one is new - just on Sunday!). We're learning 'drink' now. It's very exciting. One funny story with it is that when she wants more of something, she automatically does 'eat' again. And I say, MORE? And you can see her thinking - she claps her hands, and then realizes, no it's not clapping (more is touching your fingertips together of both hands), then she tries to do 'more'. So cute to see her thinking!
Here is a picture of her in her camo dress from her PawPaw. She wore the dress to school on Friday (she did have cute little tights on too) and here she is before her nap that afternoon. Tired girl - but cute dress!
And now, the funny pictures from the last few weeks. She has figured out that she can see out the front of the house in the windows by the door. She likes to stand there and watch out. Here is a few from both sides - not sure which one is cuter!


1 comment:
I did not know she was walking?! That is early! I am proud of her!! Way to go with that and the sign language. I am going to try it w/ Meagan this time as I did not do it w/ Lindsey...we'll see. She is so cute!! Love her dress!
Post a Comment