Monday, September 12, 2011

Trip to Port A

We planned a last minute trip to Port A this year – we all just needed to get away for a bit. Mom rode with us and we all piled in to the Conway Family Truckster and headed out… Cam was very excited about the DVD player in the car (we have never had the need to put it in – we haven't been on many road trips!)


After taking a slight detour, we finally made it to one of the Port A landmarks -

Every day we spent some time in the sun and on the beach, played cards and just relaxed. Had been too long. A few more pictures from our trip (ok, a lot more pictures from our trip – but I wanted to share them all!)

Chasing Seagulls

While Camryn is not always graceful (actually, she’s downright clumsy – but, she gets that from me – so naturally, I find it endearing!), she can run really fast. And pair that with the fact that she’s super brave near the water, we had to keep an extra close eye on her or she’d be running down the beach chasing seagulls and then jumping in the water with no one around her.

I sort of blame that on one of her favorite books, Ladybug Girl at the Beach

Building Sand Castles in the Sun

The kids loved playing in the sand. All I kept thinking about Cody was that he didn’t eat as much sand as Camryn did when she was his age – I think he enjoyed destroying whatever they were building much more than that!


Writing in the Sand

One day, Camryn and Kevin wrote names in the sand… I didn’t get a picture of the J&K, but it was there too. :)



Trip to the Aquarium

One of the days, we went to the Corpus Christi Aquarium – so impressed! We were there for one of the bird shows and it was amazing. Camryn also loved the dolphins, seals and the turtles. She tried to pet one of the stingrays but would always pull her hand out of the water before it could touch her.


We had to stop at the store and get a stroller for Cody (the boy is too heavy to carry!) and while Kevin was in the store, Cam and I had fun with the camera… this is a picture of her scared face. Cracks me up!


On the way to the aquarium we passed a huge mermaid that she wanted to stop and see – she’s so funny!

See you next year Port A!

No comments: