We've now been home for a week with our baby and have adjusted pretty well to our new life! CC (our little nickname for her - we also seem to call her 'Sister' quite often) sleeps a ton and seems to be hungry all of the time -- she's a growing girl! We also had lots of visitors this week, which was great since we can't wait to share her with everyone we love!
This week Camryn had a lot of firsts:

This week Camryn had a lot of firsts:
- First car ride (from the hospital to the house last Sunday)
- First pediatrician appointment (When we left the hospital last Sunday, her weight had dropped to 7 pounds 10 oz. At the pediatrician appointment on Wednesday, she had gained back 5 oz)
- First bath (She actually seems to enjoy her baths, even if not obvious by the picture below - which are just sponge baths for now. I keep telling her that Conway girls love their bubble baths, so she just needs to accept it and enjoy!)
- First visitors at home (Both Grandmas, Grandpa and the Cowboy; Great-Granny; Aunt Pattijean and Dennis; Kayleigh, Brian and Bryleigh; Brooke, Katie and Rachna; Allie; Erik and Candace; Johnson; Peltier, Hot Jeff and Tara; Darla; Beeman; Mark, Sue and Aiden; Uncle Rich and Cathy; Blane and Monica)
- First walk in the neighborhood with Otis
- First trip to Billy's Donuts (ok, so she didn't get to eat any of the goodies, but I was glad to get out of the house!)
Kevin and I also had a lot of firsts:
- First time to change dirty diapers w/in 5 minutes of each other (we're trying to learn to let her finish her business before jumping up to change her diaper)
- First time to get pooped on two times in one day (poor Kevin... :))
- First gathering at our house (to watch the Oklahoma/Tech game last night) with a baby in a baby swing!
- First time back in non-maternity clothes for me (ok, so not really a first, but it feels like it after 6+ months of expandable pants and flowy shirts! -- and I can see my toes again!)
The last few nights she's actually slept for four hours at a time, which is awesome, except I wake up panicked that I slept through her crying. After her 5 am feeding we usually just keep her in bed with us (she is a snuggler, that's for sure) and on Saturday morning I just couldn't resist taking a picture of her swaddled up snug as a bug next to her Daddy.
Otis and Tate are adjusting to the new little human in our house. Tate doesn't seem interested in her at all and I can't tell if Otis thinks she's his baby or if he's just trying to alert us that there is something alive in the house. If Camryn is not where O thinks she should be, he goes through the house looking for her. If she moves when he's watching her, then sometimes he'll bark. He can't smell her without giving her kisses (which drives me crazy, but oh well). He likes it the best when she's in her swing, b/c then she's at his level and he can see her better (and get better smells). 
And, the fun picture of the week: To her Grandma Linda's delight, she looks to be a fan of yoga at a very early age. Here she is in one of her favorite poses (she also loves to do the child's pose on our bellies -- see picture in post on November 18th)I can't wait until we can start seeing some of her personality. I have a feeling I have a very feisty girl on my hands -- but as long as she lets me dress her in sparkles occasionally, I'm good with feisty!
More next week!


No comments:
Post a Comment