Sunday, November 30, 2008

Giving Thanks for our Beautiful Girl


Another week has flown by! We seem to be getting into a routine with Camryn now, which means that it's probably about time for her to change it up on us!

Thanksgiving was extra special this year, with our CC here and healthy - we have so much to be thankful for. Life is good! On Thursday, we did venture out for just a few short hours. We first stopped by Oneill's house (good food!) and then to Kevin's parents for a bit. She slept for most of the outing. I did get to dress her up - in an outfit from Leslie and Dane and in her first headband! :)

I always think of my Dad even more during the holidays - and this was the first Thankgiving since he's been gone that I wasn't mostly sad - still miss him terribly - but it all seems like it's going to be ok now.

A picture of my baby girl and her handsome Daddy:

And with me:

We had more visitors this week, which was great since I'm starting to get a little stir-crazy. We spent almost all of Tuesday with Camryn's Great-Grandma Lo - who I spent a lot of time with as a kiddo, so it was really nice for them to get to know each other. Other visitors included her Granny and Grandpa; Grandma Linda and the Cowboy; Great-Grandpa George; Uncle Brian, Aunt Kay and Bryleigh; the Tagtow family; Johnson; and Bailey and Todd.

Camryn's Firsts This Week:
  • First time to sleep the whole night in her pack and play in between meals (I prefer to just snuggle with her - I know, I know!)
  • First trip running errands - and she did so good! Slept the whole time and seems to like riding in the car!
  • First time to start studying our faces when we hold her and she's alert
  • First Thanksgiving (and boy, are we thankful!)
  • First headband (see Thanksgiving pictures above)
  • First TAMU football game to watch - she tried to cheer them on, but was just so sleepy: (and let's be honest, wasn't much to cheer about anyway!)

  • First time to play Rock Band and Guitar Hero (ok, first time to just watch her Daddy and Johnson play)
  • First ride in a truck
  • First time to start holding her head up on her own (below, a picture of CC with her Grandma Linda and Oneill (the Cowboy)):


  • First time to be in her nursery and lay in her crib - she LOVES the mobile (not sure if she can see it too clearly, but she can definitely hear the music)

One of my favorite times to take her picture is after she eats - she's what we call milk-drunk! A few of her pictures like that from this week:

And, the fun picture of the week: Grandma Linda came over on Sunday to hang out with Camryn while I helped Kevin with the floor in the gameroom (which looks amazing - Kevin and Buddy did a great job!). Grandma spent most of the time in the nursery rocking her in the glider (which she seemed to love) and when I went to check on them, this is what I found:

Looks like Tate is not adjusting to the fact that she's not the baby girl in the house anymore... at least Grandma Linda let her stay up there for awhile and be rocked too!

More next week!

2 comments:

Allie said...

I love the pictures! Sounds like she is really doing great (and her mama too!) Busy week for her!

Mandi said...

She is so beautiful Jessica. I am so happy for you, well okay, for Kevin too. LOL You look like you have everything in order, the babys, I guess she's not called that anymore, Camryn's room is beautiful. I know you are going to be a great mom. I hope to meet little Camryn before she's grown. Congrats!!! Love you guys take care.