Tuesday, December 16, 2008

One Month Old!


So I'm two days late in updating the blog this week... I usually do it on Sunday nights, however, it was a record night in the Conway house that evening - I cooked dinner! It should be noted that Kevin had to step in and help for a few minutes, since Camryn was hungry, but I still cooked! (and yes, that's enough to completely throw me off schedule these days!)

We had a good week last week - more trips and more visitors. Kevin and I took CC up to Enterprise on Wednesday (it was cold!) to meet the team -- it was nice to get up there to see them and I'm glad that she was so well behaved during the trip! She just slept! Very portable... for the time being.

Wednesday evening was also exciting because we had SNOW. Which is amazing! When we were up for the 5 am feeding Wednesday morning I had the Weather Channel on (I'm a big fan of "Local on the 8's") and they actually had snow in the forecast. I thought for sure it was a joke or I was dreaming... but sure enough - it snowed! We bundled Camryn up and stood outside with her - she slept through the whole thing!


The snow really made me think of my Dad and how excited he was when it snowed Christmas 2004. A picture from my parents' house that Christmas morning with snow covering the ground:

On Friday and Saturday we had visitors - Boudy and Matt came to see us on Friday night, and on Saturday we had a houseful with Wighty coming and bringing breakfast in the morning (thank you!) and Aunt Kay, Bryleigh, Uncle Rich and Cathy coming later in the day. It was a busy day!

Then, Saturday night, Kevin and I had a date night - dinner and a movie (a grand total of 4 hours). It was our first night out together since CC was born. Grandma Linda came over to stay with her while we went out - not sure what the deal was - but Camryn was not happy while we were gone (and for the record, I was pretty upset too)... But, we'll try it again soon -- I know it's good for us to get out as a couple and it's good for her to spend [a little] time w/o us.

Sunday was her one month birthday! We spent a quiet morning snuggling, while her Daddy golfed, and then her Granny came by to visit in the afternoon.

We love to laugh at the faces that she makes - and boy, does she make some funny faces! A few of her faces from this week:

And a quick little video from her one month birthday:

Camryn's Firsts this Week:
  • First time to wear her outfit from Aunt Kayleigh

  • First time to decorate the Christmas tree
  • First time to wear her jeans from Carrie and her pink sneakers from Allie (TOO CUTE)
  • First trip to dowtown Houston
  • First time to go eat sushi!
  • First SNOW!
  • First time to stay with Grandma Linda w/o Mom or Dad
And now, for the fun picture of the week: When she was asleep Sunday night, we put this hat on her to take pictures. (This hat was a gift from a friend this summer, right after we found out that we were having a baby girl. It is still way too big for her to wear, but oh my goodness, is it cute!!!)


What's really funny is that she was asleep when this next picture was taken too, although it looks like she just blinked for the camera. Is her smile too cute?!?


More next week!

No comments: