Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! The past few weeks have been great for us - it's hard to believe that Camryn will be 7 weeks in just a few days! In some ways, it feels as if I've known her forever, and in other ways, she is still a mystery to me!
We had a few more visitors this week - my good friend from college, Big Kevin, and his fiancee Leslie came by to see us while in town from Dallas; Rod visited with us (also newly engaged!); Lea and Jamie; Flo and Christine; Uncle Mark and Tyler came to the house this past weekend and we saw a lot of the family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
We also had to take her to the doctor last week because of breakouts on her face. They gave us some cream to apply and for the most part, it has already cleared up! They weighed her that visit and she was 10 pounds, 4 ounces. A growing girl!
Camryn's Firsts This Week:
- First "real bath" in her Primo bath tub from Cecilia (we LOVE this tub - highly recommend it!)
- First time to stay with Grandma Linda and not have a complete melt-down (we have decided that it was because she was hungry and it was our first time leaving her with a bottle...we have now successfully left them together more than once!)
- First time to sleep more than 5 hours at night... we are now averaging between 6-7 between feedings at night - which has been awesome!
- First experience Christmas shopping
- First time to shriek with delight - I think it was from seeing her stuffed rabbit that her Uncle Rich bought her. Here they are snuggling in her crib during one of her afternoon playtimes:
- First time to attend church (we did not get to stay the entire time. Long story short, she hadn't had a big diaper in several hours - I should have known that this could be trouble. Let me just say that I didn't know babies could get poop even in their armpits and belly buttons! Poor baby!)
- First time to hang out at Uncle Brian and Aunt Kayleigh's house. She had fun snuggling with Aunt Kay and even gave her a bunch of smiles!
- First Christmas Eve fried chicken dinner at Darla's - here she is with me, Leslie and Drake (Drake was born this summer - isn't he a cutie??)
- First Christmas Day!! Sausage gravy and biscuits on Christmas morning (Kevin's favorite meal), day at Aunt Patti's, and a quiet night at home. It was such a nice day - thanks to our friends and family for all of her gifts! We can only imagine what next Christmas will be like, when she is on the move -- here she is Christmas morning in front of the tree. She's excited!
- And, in her Santa outfit - from Lea and Jamie - it is too cute! I had two other outfits for her to wear, but she ended up wearing this outfit both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- First time to cry from one of Otis' barks (he was not barking at her - was on yard patrol)... poor thing was startled
- First time to read books with us - tonight she seemed to really enjoy the story
- First time to seem as though she recognizes our voices and turns to see where we go when we leave her
She Continues to...
- Look like her Daddy. I think the consensus is that CC looks like Kevin with my cheeks. When she gets a little older I will post baby pictures from both of us and compare... we will see!
- Love music - today we listened to country music and she seemed to also enjoy that. So far, it has mostly been classical music and lullaby songs.
- Have monkey toes. Something that I really want to remember is how long her toes are - check them out!
- Enjoy her baths - even when we accidentally get water in her eyes (personally, I hate when that happens to me!). Here she is tonight ready for her bath!
- Love her room and crib - I am glad that she feels safe and happy in there. Someday soon we might even let her stay overnight up there. Here she is again looking in her bug mirror and just having a good time:
- Smile at us - sometimes it is for no apparent rhyme or reason - other times, it is as though she recognizes us.
- Amaze me that I can love someone so much! And so quickly!
I also found a few pictures from Kevin's camera that I wanted to post - even though some of these are from earlier in December.
This is from the first time we let Otis and Tate get close to Camryn when she was on her activity mat one night. O was so sweet and just laid at the edge of her mat - didn't even flinch when she touched him. Good boy!
We went Christmas shopping with Grandma Linda a few weeks ago and while I was getting ready, she spent some time in her pack and play listening to music. When I went to check on her, she was having a staredown with her bear. I thought it was cute...
Later that day, while stretching her legs from being in the carseat most of the shopping trip, she realized that she had something on her head. This is Camryn trying to see her headband:
One of my favorite times - when she is in the mood to snuggle (usually after a big meal...):
On the Saturday before Christmas, I left CC with Kevin while I went to watch Bryleigh's Christmas recital (Bryleigh did such a good job! A little ballerina - and knew all the steps!). While I was out, Granny came by to hang out with them and fed her lunch -
My friend Lee Ann, who had a baby in October and has been kind enough to share her little bits of wisdom with me as we go along, sent this present for Camryn. It's a stuffed animal that the binkie snaps into - it's easier for them to hold on to - and since we spend a good bit of time looking for the binkie that she spits out, I was very excited about this! This is Camryn on Christmas morning with her present:
And now, the fun picture(s) of the week: (there are two this time)
First, when we were still sponge bathing her, Grandma Linda took this picture. I feel kind of bad about it now, but it was the only way to get her head from falling over while we were bathing her! (it is funny though) She doesn't seem to mind ;)...
And, the next one. We had her dressed up in one of her Christmas outfits when we went to Brian and Kay's on Christmas Eve-Eve, and I just wanted to take her picture when we got home. She was not having it. So, we propped her up on her Boppy and tried to take the picture as fast as we could. It's not too clear from the picture if she's happy or not - but believe me - she was not happy!
More next week! Hope everyone has a Happy and Safe New Year!


No comments:
Post a Comment