Sunday, December 7, 2008

She's a Growing Girl!



Another great week! We had a few more visitors, but overall was a little slower paced. Camryn seemed more alert than ever and spends time studying our faces and other objects up close. She continues to love to listen to her mobile in her crib and seems to really like having some independent time - which is nice! (of course, right now we're only talking about 5 or 10 minutes - but I'll take that!) The picture above was taken by Kevin while they enjoyed some time together on Saturday morning... sweet girl!

We had her 2 week appointment with the pediatrician early this week - I was excited because we got to dress her up and she was weighed and measured again. The part that I was not excited about was that they had to prick her foot -- how could they do that?!?

At birth, Camryn's measurements:

  • Weight: 8 pounds, .8 oz (when we left the hospital, 7 pounds, 10 oz)
  • Length: 20 1/2 inches
  • Head: 35.5 cm

At her 2 week appointment:

  • Weight: 8 pounds, 8 oz -- 75th percentile
  • Length: 22 1/2 inches -- 95th percentile
  • Head: 37 cm -- 75th percentile

I asked our pediatrician if her length had any bearing on how tall she would be when she grows up (I'm hopeful that she is at least a little taller than me!) and he said it's more about her parents, rather than those measurements. So, maybe she does have a little hope since her Daddy is so tall!

So, looks like she's doing good! Healthy and gaining weight! Life is good!

Pictures of her from the trip to the pediatrician (check out the shoes -- are they too cute?!?!)



After making it home from the appointment, she was still asleep in her car seat, so I carefully laid her in her pack and play - and she magically stayed asleep! I guess the trip was exhausting for her too!

With Camryn sleeping in the other room, I thought I had a chance to enjoy a quiet lunch. But, Otis had other plans. After I heated up my lunch, I sat on the couch and turned on the tv, only to notice a strong smell of chocolate. A note to this story is that when we returned home from the appointment, we had found that Otis had been in the garbage and pulled quite a few things out into the yard (Otis is a bad dog). I did not realize that he had also pulled out a package of instant chocolate pudding and had opened it in the living room - making small piles of the powder on the rug and eating some of it. Since chocolate is not the best thing for dogs to ingest, I called the vet who suggested that we give him hydrogen peroxide to make him throw up. So, Kevin had to come back home (he had just left to help his dad put up Christmas lights) and together we gave O the peroxide. For a little while, we thought that maybe we had the only dog on the planet who would not throw up from peroxide, but as soon as Kevin went into the house to get more, O cooperated. The good news is that Otis was fine, CC slept the entire time and I was even able to finish my lunch! Never a dull moment with Otis!

Camryn's Firsts This Week:

  • First time to go to a restaurant (we went to the new Gringo's - she slept the whole time!)
  • First time to look at herself in the mirror while laying in her crib


  • First time to attend Poker Night at the Tagtow's (she wasn't the big winner, but her Daddy was!)
  • First time to see her belly button! Lost the cord on Saturday - finally!
We received the art that we had ordered for her room - and it is perfect! Liz from Lizzy Loo Gifts (see link to the right) did such a good job and was so reasonable! She even added lady bugs, butterflies and touches of red to the paintings so that they would match her room.

And now, the fun picture of the week: just a quick pic of her after one of her baths this week -- happy girl!

More next week!

2 comments:

Allie said...

She has already changed since I saw her! She is almost a month old already! Amazing. Looks like you are enjoying every minute of this! I am happy for you all. Can't wait to see her again.

Anonymous said...

J & K and CC ~

She is just beautiful ~ so very glad this new little gift of life and love has come into all of your life's.

God Bless,

Perry et al