Sunday, February 8, 2009

Daddy's Little Tax Deduction

(We did our taxes this weekend (yuck!), so in honor of that, I took a picture of Camryn today with her "Daddy's Little Tax Deduction" Onesie on (and a ridiculous bow!) - love her kissable cheeks!)

Another week has passed - seems like Camryn is really coming into her personality! She now has moments where she is silly, shy, a diva, determined (these are the funniest - usually on tummy time), snuggable, and independent. Each week there are new things with her - that I often take for granted at the moment until I sit down to blog and I think about what a miracle she continues to be.

This week was relatively quiet - Kevin was on a business trip to Los Angeles for the first half of the week -- CC and I kept busy with visits from friends (Marisa, Stephanie) and family. We had our Friday night dinner with Uncle Brian, Aunt Kayleigh and Bryleigh; Uncle Rich and Cathy came to see her on Saturday, and we took her to see the Mishlans (Aunt Lea's parents) and their friends Rick and Karen that night; Grandma Linda was here on Sunday and we also spent time at Granny and Pawpaw's that night for dinner.

Here is a picture of CC and Grandma Linda from this weekend:

I do not have a video this week because my batteries are dead in my little camera and Kevin's camera intimidates me. I'll try to make up for it in the next few weeks. But that might also be a challenge, since I'm going back to work starting Thursday of this week. We are postponing Camryn's start date at daycare for another month and she's going to spend her days with her Daddy - which makes my transition back to work a lot easier! I plan on working a full workload, but just have flexible hours of when I'm in the office and when I'll work from home (after she goes to sleep). I'm going to miss her tons - so I'm trying not to think about it. Wish me luck on Thursday!

Kevin and I are going to try to take her three month pictures at home on our own (since we did such a good job on her announcement pictures, I'm hoping we can do it again!). So, next week I hope to post her three month pictures here and then I plan on scanning some of our baby pictures in so we can compare to see who she looks like. The overwhelming majority is still that she looks way more like Kevin than me. We'll see!

Camryn's Firsts for the Week:

  • First livestock -- Camryn's calf was born at the beginning of February (I forgot to post it last week). Her Grandma Linda and Oneill have cows and they said that the first calf born this year was Camryn's -- well, she's here! I don't have a picture of her (I'm sure I will at some point) - but I hear that she's a good looking calf.
  • First time to have a cold bottle (she did ok with it!) -- I think it bothered me more than her.
  • First night to go unswaddled for bedtime. We're still working on this and frankly, it's been hard. Way harder on her than moving her upstairs. I'm hoping that we just have a few rough nights left, but she has such a hard time controlling her arms when they spasm -- they wake her up and she's not happy. So, Kevin and I have gone on little sleep for the past three nights - any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
  • First time to grab a toy and keep it! She has since grabbed a few things this week, but I have a picture of the first toy she grabbed below. Last night I gave her a rattle in her left hand and she brought her right hand up and took it from her left hand! Funny how even those little things are amazing to me -- I'm convinced that she's the smartest and most advanced baby ever - but I could be partial!

Even though I haven't posted a picture of it recently, Camryn still gets milkdrunk. Here is one from the past week: (her poor little neck!)



And now, for the fun picture of the week:
Here she is wearing her Uncle Rich's OFITE hat -- it's just a little bit big. OFI is where both my brothers currently work and where my Dad worked for a long time (and also my cousin Hairy Man and his fiancee work there). Funny thing that I just realized is that Kevin and I both worked there too, at some point while in high school and college. Truly is a family business!

More next week!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Sorry this is a late comment. We kept Lindsey in her swaddle blanket until she was about 3.5 months old...but we always kept her arms outside of the blanket b/c she was like Hudini (do not know how to spell that) and would get them out anyway. Maybe try the blanket with her arms out so she will not feel totally "free", then work your way to no blanket at all...