Tuesday, February 24, 2009

3 Month Pictures and a Date with Caleb!


Camryn had a great week at home with her Daddy - it seems as though they have settled into a routine and I think this time for them has been great. I had a good week at work and am happy with our setup so far - although by the time Friday comes along, I am exhausted!

On Thursday night, we went with Kevin to his basketball game. Camryn loved watching the guys run around, listening to the ball bounce and shoes squeak and overall was really happy there! Here is a picture of her before we left -- she sported her Nike bib and socks for this event --

Friday afternoon I met Kevin and Camryn at Baybrook to get her 3 month pictures made. They turned out so good! Brace yourself... she's pretty cute!


Saturday was very exciting because Jamie and Doug came over and brought their son, Caleb, over to hang out with Camryn. If you remember, Caleb was born the day before Camryn. They have been together a few times before, but never really noticed each other. This time, they definitely noticed each other. Camryn was absolutely mesmerized by the little guy -- it was so cute watching them stare at each other! While we ate, the kiddos hung out together on the activity mat - and HELD HANDS. It was too cute! We're not sure who made the first move, but they held on to each other for a good 30 minutes. Here are some pictures of them, and the hand holding...

Sunday morning Camryn and I went to church with Grandma Linda and Grandma Lo. And, par for the course, Camryn had a big muddy diaper during the music in the beginning of the service and I missed the sermon. Mom and I are really disappointed to learn that the pastor that we love so much (James Clark at Park Place Baptist Church) is moving to Tomball... we met James Clark 2 1/2 years ago when he officiated my Dad's service and did a fantastic job. It has been so nice seeing him during the past few years - silly as it sounds, I feel so close to my Dad whenever we go to this church - it's silly since James Clark only knew Dad through us, after his death and before the service, and Dad had never been to this church before... but it has still been very comforting.

Kevin took this picture of me and CC before church - she's wearing the cute little brown dress and sweater that my friend at Enterprise bought for her when we found out we were having a girl! It's too cute!

Camryn's Firsts this Week:

First week to really reach out and grab toys. She's not just batting at them all of the time now - she's very thoughtfully reaching out and touching.

First week to go 11 hours between feedings. During the last several days, we have not had any feedings in the middle of the night! Her bedtime is usually around 8:30 - she takes her last bottle then and then goes until the morning. Yippee!

First time to go to Grandma Linda's house and hang out there for awhile. My mom has watched Camryn a bunch, but this was the first time she took her 'off-site'. Coincidentally, it was also the first time for me to be at the house w/o her since she was born. Very weird feeling.

First week to really LOVE tummy time. She is doing so good on her belly now. She can now roll over from her belly to her back - can't go the other way yet - and enjoys her surfboard that her Aunt Kayleigh and Uncle Brian gave her:


And now, for the fun picture of the week. After changing her in the church bathroom, I just walked with her in the stroller outside. She was happy being pushed in the stroller and would just grin up at me, over and over again. It was too cute -- here she is grinning:

More next week!

1 comment:

Allie said...

I just got around to looking at this (last) weeks post. I just think she is SO pretty!! I love the one in the car seat of her smiling and of COURSE I love the professional ones. She is a doll. Loved seeing her again!