Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Funny Valentine is 3 Months Old


Camryn is now three months old - 3 months on the 14th - it's crazy to think our little Valentine has only been a part of our lives since November (well, really last March when we found out we were pregnant).

We tried to take pictures ourselves on Saturday, and it was ok - but we're going to have them made this Friday. How we are going to get her to smile, I have no idea! Seems like what works one day, doesn't work the next and so on. Here is one of our pictures from then (this is in the dress from the Enterprise Team!):



I returned to work after almost 15 weeks at home on Thursday - CC stayed home with her Daddy. I think this will be a great thing for the two of them - some major bonding time! She will be home with him for another month - looks like her start date for day care is going to be Monday March 16!


Camryn's Firsts for the Week:
  • First time to stay home with Daddy for more than a few hours. Coincidentally, this was also her first time to be away from me for more than a few hours. Not surprisingly enough, this was WAY harder on me than her. She loves her Daddy! And yes - it's going to take them a few days to get used to each other - but he is the only one in the world that loves her as much as I do. And, he's a GREAT Daddy. Also, she apparently feeds herself for him - here she is holding the bottle on her own! (she doesn't really feed herself yet, but she has started to hold on to the bottle and our hands (and tries for everything else!).

  • First day to spend a few hours outside - it was so pretty, we went outside to watch Kevin wash his truck. Here she is (I bundled her up pretty good - it was windy ):

  • First time to go 24 hours+ without a dirty diaper. Without too many details, our little girl has always been 'regular' -- for the past several weeks she would typically have at least one dirty diaper each morning (and in dirty, I mean 'muddy'). Well, on the Wednesday before I returned to work, no mud. Nothing going on down there whatsoever. So, when Thursday morning came (and I headed to work), I figured that when it did come, it would be in full force. And boy, was it ever! I had been telling Kevin that I read that not all babies go everyday, and that during growth spurts they may not have a dirty diaper for a few days because they are using everything, so no waste. This is our IM conversation after she finally did have a dirty diaper:

kevin: OMG you have nothing on diapers
jessicalconway: finally?
kevin: yea - let's just say she wasn't using everything
kevin: she was saving up
jessicalconway: poor thing!
kevin: she's lucky she didnt' get daddy vomit all over her
jessicalconway: that bad?
kevin: dear god yes
kevin: she needs a bath - i used 21 wipes
jessicalconway: no way
kevin: seriously
jessicalconway: omg
kevin: I bathed her with wipes
kevin: like I said - you ain't got nothing ona single... maybe quantity, but not quality
kevin: lol
jessicalconway: i've never used 21 wipes before
jessicalconway: we're not even going to talk about how you counted
kevin: she feels better - that's all that matters
jessicalconway: that's good
jessicalconway: poor baby

kevin: I was going to take a picture for you... but I wanted to get her out of it
jessicalconway: it's ok
kevin: poop out of every side of the diaper
jessicalconway: ew
kevin: up to her CHIN
jessicalconway: no way
kevin: and it was silent when she did it... I just looked over and her shirt was brown
kevin: was NASTY
jessicalconway: nasty

Needless to say, I had tears when I was reading this. And when he was telling me more about it later that night, he still gagged! Poor guy! 21 wipes! And I know what everyone's thinking - why didn't he just bathe her? Well, she's extra slippery and hard to handle with only one set of hands. We gave her an extra long soak when I got home that night.

That's pretty much all for her firsts this week. She's doing better at having her arms unswaddled at night - we are now just struggling with getting her to be a better napper during the day (she has started to just want to catnap - about 30-45 minutes a nap, with one good nap in the early evening) and have a consistent sleeping pattern at night. I guess we'll just baby-step it and tackle one thing at a time!

We had lunch at Uncle Brian and Aunt Kay's house on Sunday - here is a picture of her before we left. Decked out in her pink TAMU onesie that her Grandpa J would have loved!


And now, for the fun picture of the week: This week it is a fun video - this is Camryn sitting in her 'big girl chair' (otherwise known as the Bumbo!) -- it's not very eventful, unless you are like me and totally amazed that she can sit up! :)


More next week!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ok-you already told me the story about the crazy poo, but I just laughed out loud again!! so funny!

Perry said...

I don't believe it was 21 wipes....maybe 20...