Sunday, June 28, 2009

Busy last few weeks...

It's been about three weeks since I've posted an update - we've been busy! During the week, we pretty much stay close to the house after work, but on the weekends, we are on the move!


Each day, we spend a lot of time playing on the floor with toys and working on crawling. She's so close to being able to crawl - she just doesn't realize it. A few pictures of her playing with her toys on the floor:



And, a picture of her a little frustrated that she's only moving backwards:


(One of her favorite "toys" is something that Nana-Darla made - it's an empty pill-bottle with beans in it. She shakes and shakes it - funny how something simple like that is such a hit!)

A few pictures from one of our afternoon playtimes outside:





Camryn's Firsts for the Past Few Weeks:

First Playdate at Caleb's House and First Swimming Playdate with Caleb at the Frosts' Pool. A few weekends ago, we took Camryn over to Jamie and Doug's house for a visit and dinner. The babies had fun playing on the floor together (Camryn kept taking Caleb's toys - I suppose this is just the beginning of all that). A picture of them from that day:

Then on Friday afternoon, Camryn and I went to the Frosts' house to swim with Jamie and Caleb, Lea, GJ, Valerie and Jimmy. We had a busy day that day (a trip to Enterprise to see the team, then to Grandma Linda's work for lunch) - but she was still happy and did great in the pool! GJ took pictures of the babies on the waterfall (Jamie and I were holding them on either side) - I'll have to get those pictures from them and post them - they looked so cute!

First Time to Eat Meat. Camryn is now eating five meals a day - she gets formula for all meals, rice cereal twice, fruits twice and veggies twice. Over the past few weeks, we've tried on a few occastions to give her meat. We've tried a few different kinds of chicken - she does not seem to like it very much (at first she would eat a few bites and then start to gag, poor thing) - we'll keep trying!


First Father's Day. We had a great day on Father's Day - hopefully Kevin thinks so too! We started our morning off with Billy's Donuts and a few games of tennis at McLean Park (hot, hot!). After tennis we picked up Camryn (she spent the morning with Grandma Linda) and she made her first trip to the cemetery. We stopped by my Dad and Grandpa's graves, to Kevin's Grandma Dot and Grandpa Floyd's graves, and then to Kevin's Granddad's. A lot of men were missed that Sunday. This was my third Father's Day since my Dad passed and it was much easier this year - nice to focus on this being Kevin's first Father's Day rather than another year without my Dad.


Later that day, Granny and PawPaw came over for dinner and Kevin cooked an awesome fish dinner. A few pictures from that day:






First Time to Ride in the Shopping Cart (and sit in a restaurant high-chair)! All I can say is thank goodness for those shopping cart covers - I would be a nervous wreck about germs without those covers. She LOVED riding in the cart and just looked all around the entire time. Such a big girl!

First Week to Have More Talk, Less Growl. Not sure if I've ever posted this, but Camryn tends to growl (think RAWR in a deep baby voice) when she's excited, stimulated, frustrated... I suppose any extreme emotion. We didn't notice until recently, but she does it a lot. We have been working to not encourage it (I worry that I'm going to have a kindergartener that doesn't speak, but just grunts and looks pretty :), haha!). So, we do not mimic her when she growls, but we do when she babbles. And, the babbling has increased - she does mostly baba, mama, but has also said W's, L's, D's and G's. Of course, when she's around other people or excited, a few growls still sneak out... that's cute. Just as long as it's more talk and less growl. She makes a funny face when she growls - it looks like this:

First Tooth! See post earlier today! Yippee!

Other:
She likes to pull my glasses off of my face - she gets a very determined look in her eyes, and then goes for them. (Since I will be stuck in glasses for at least another month, I'm hoping this is just a phase.)

She likes to rub Kevin's shaved head!

She likes to watch TV with Otis. (really, she doesn't like to watch TV, she just likes to hold the remote)

She likes to get the mail and touch all the paper.

Crawling up us - she has suddenly become very clingy to me - and when she gets to me, then she throws her arms around my neck and crawls up. It was cute the first few times, now I feel like a jungle gym!

When she's standing up, she lets go of us! Camryn has used us to pull up to a standing position for awhile now. But just recently, she started to let go of our hands when she stands up. A little scary - the girl is determined!

She likes to sleep with her binky in upside down. Silly girl!

Loves to play in the water - and she's not picky - bathtub or pool. A picture from last weekend when she was ready for the pool!


And now, for the fun picture(s) of this week. For this first one, I should probably rename this, 'the picture that she'll hate that I posted when she's older'...but I just couldn't resist. This picture is from last week when she was concentrating on making a big diaper - she always leans over and gets a far away look in her eyes... haha!

The last couple of weeks she has also been making the 'bitter beer face' face. Kevin was able to get a picture of it one night - so funny!


More in a few weeks!

No comments: