Camryn's Firsts for the Past Few Weeks:
First trip to the Beach! This past Saturday, Kevin and I packed up the car and headed to Freeport with Camryn (side note: we really liked going down to the beach at Freeport! It's a relaxing drive - compared to I-45 and Galveston - YIKES! - and the beach was not crowded at all...).
She napped pretty much the entire trip and LOVED the beach from the minute we got there!
Here she is, talking to her Daddy about all that she is seeing for the first time: (don't they look deep in discussion?)
Here they are racing to get to me!
Monkey close-up:
Sand...what a weird texture! (see her using just her index finger? that's a new thing too - the past few weeks, she's been touching everything with just her index finger. It's highly entertaining! She also attempted to eat sand on several occasions - stressed me out - and seemed pretty disappointed when we didn't let her. Later that night, we tried to give her a piece of rice to eat and she made a terrible face and gagged. So, for the record, sand must taste better than rice... who knew?)
First time to sit in a wave:
She wants more! Heading out to the ocean on her own... looks like we might have a daredevil on our hands:
Kevin took her way out and jumped waves - she loved it:
Family picture:
Notice the pout? This picture was taken about 5 minutes after CC was ready to head home - she lasted for about an hour - which is 25 minutes longer than I thought she would! I think she was asleep in her car seat before we even made it off of the beach... it's tough exploring the world for the first time!
So, what else is our little monkey up to?
Screaming when she sees herself in the mirror. She's noticed herself in the mirror for ever - I think the first time I blogged about it was in January! Well, just recently, she's been absolutely THRILLED when she catches a glimpse of herself. I swear she thinks it's another baby. Here she is waving to the mirror-baby in her toy chest tonight:
We have a mirror propped up by our master bedroom (we cannot agree what to do with it, so I guess this is where it is going stay!) - as she crawled by it this weekend, she was overcome with joy in seeing the pretty mirror-baby! She stood and leaned on this mirror for a good 10 minutes just talking and laughing. Too cute!
Clapping! This one has been a group effort and we've been working on it for awhile. She tried so hard for so long, but this weekend, we actually heard the girl clap! Whoo-hoo! Now maybe I'll quit clapping after every little thing... I know that I'm going to do it at work or somewhere else equally embarrassing!
Here she is clapping last night:
Easily amused and entertained. That my daughter is easily amused and entertained should not come as a surprise to those of you that know me well... or at least, that's what Kevin likes to say. She now finds the most ordinary things extraordinary. Empty water bottles, saline drop bottles, spoons, kitchen utensils... yesterday afternoon she discovered the door stopper. Oh my - she had fun with the one in the foyer. Today, she found one in her bathroom - oh, to hear that sound OVER and OVER and OVER again...
Crawling and pulling up on EVERYTHING. It is fun to see her on the move now - she is everywhere! She is also pulling up on everything when she gets where she's going. Her teacher at school has guessed that she'll be walking on her own by 10 months... uh... that's only 1 month away! My house is not ready for this - so I guess we better get ready!
Here she is pulling up on the banister upstairs (and trying to get her Daddy's attention - he was downstairs):
Being silly with her elephant towel on her head and chasing Otis:
And now, for the funny picture(s) of the weeks:
When Grandma Linda and Oneill babysit for us, they entertain Camryn with all things Outdoors: baby cows, donkeys, horses, water troughs, tractors... the list goes on and on. Camryn LOVES riding the tractor with the Cowboy. He's been so sweet to her and drives her all around. The first time, Mom didn't have the camera with her, so this past week when Camryn went to visit, Kevin dressed her in her "little farmer" onesie that Oneill bought her (too cute) and armed Mom with the camera. Here are a few of those pictures:
I think Camryn was supposed to make a funny face in this picture like the Cowboy, but instead she smiled at Grandma Linda (probably trying to score some ice):
And, I've posted before about how Camryn sleeps sitting up and then leans forward - it looks so painful, but this is how she's been going to sleep for awhile now! Here she is during nap time one afternoon last week - the picture's dark because we didn't want to disturb our little sleeping beauty. (she pulled the blanket off the side of the pack and play and used it as a pillow - her feet are under her head - she's a little yoga baby!)


2 comments:
I had to laugh out loud at the mirror part of the post! That is so cute!! She is a doll. Looks like the beach was a big hit. We'll have to try that when M is a little bigger. LL would LOVE it. Hope to see you all soon!
What a cutie, and what a lovely family you all make!
Hope all is well :)
-Ginny Morrison
Post a Comment