Monday, August 31, 2009

Monkeying Around



It's hard to believe that today is the last day of August! Where oh where has the summer gone? And don't get me started on the fact that our little Monkey will be a year old in a few months!

The last few weeks have absolutely flown by -- I started a boot camp with my team (I know, right?) at the beginning of August and we work out every Tuesday and Thursday evening. It was a hard decision for me to potentially give up bed time for Camryn two nights a week, but I have to remember that it is important for me to do things for myself too... The class is hard, but afterwards I'm always excited about what I was able to do and so sore! I still can't believe that they talked me into this! And, what's even better than that - there has only been one night so far that she didn't wait up to see me (thank you Kevin (and Mom!) for taking over on Tuesdays/Thursdays so that I can do this!).

A quick picture of the pretty girl one day before school:

Camryn's Firsts for the Past Few Weeks:

Camryn has not had many firsts for the past few weeks, other than being completely mobile and EVERYWHERE. Sunday was the first day that she wanted to explore the house on her own - usually she stays close to where we are - but yesterday she ventured into rooms without us!

First Night Away! Without Us! Last weekend, Camryn stayed with Grandma Linda overnight. I was so worried about this, but she did great! We have a wedding this weekend and are planning on Camryn spending the night with Grandma Linda, so we decided to do a practice run. Of course, I still woke up at 2 am, 4 am and 6 am to check the monitor! (when will I stop doing this?)

First Trip to Galveston with Caleb. This past weekend we headed down to Galveston to hang out with Jamie, Doug and Caleb. It's so fun to watch the kiddos together - it's crazy how they are doing the same things at the same time (yet at the same time, they are so different!).

A few pictures of them together after playing in the ocean: (notice how Camryn studies this ball? She does not have any toys that are balls b/c of one word - can you guess? - yep, it's OTIS. He has tennis balls that are his toys - but those are off-limits for CC. So, she was very interested in Caleb's baseball.)


This is something that she's been doing for the past week - scrunching up her face and smiling. It's hilarious - I'm so glad I got a picture of this!


And, she started playing a game this weekend. She has an object, she hands you the object and says 'Oooh?' (same sound everytime... we can't figure out what she thinks she's saying - "Here?" maybe?). Then she makes a similar sound (a different tone), indicating that she wants it back. She'll do it for 5+ minutes - maybe she's learning to share? I need to get a video of it - it's hilarious.

First time to have a Biter Bar. All I can say is WHAT A MESS - Kevin and I soon decided that she would only eat these things in her high chair. And supervised! But, of course, she loved it. One thing her Granny commented on this weekend was how funny all of her sounds and faces are - and I guess this part of the post will show the latter pretty well.

The many faces of Camryn while eating something new:








I think she liked it...

Other:

* First time to drink a bottle all by herself and she now tries to grab the spoon when eating

* She now stands up and then lets go and balances! Big girl!

* She recognizes routine - going to get the mail (gets excited at the front door), saying bye-bye to the water after bathtime (very exciting!), water running in the kitchen = FOOD!

* She acts shy with guests by burying her face in our chest and then peeking out

* She laughs at Otis. She loves her puppy - here is a video of her giving him kisses:

* Squealing and screaming when excited

* Seems to be "talking" rather than just making sounds

* Learning sign language!

And now, the funny video(s) of the week:

I have posted before about how excited Camryn gets when she sees herself in the mirror - I caught it on video Sunday morning. I wonder if she'll always do this when she sees herself!



More in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Allie said...

what a cutie! Loved the video. I remember those days when Lindsey would grab the spoon and food would go everywhere! I also remember those biter cookies. I think she had ONE and we decided no more. You know me and messy...yucky!