Haven't blogged in awhile - we've been in major germ-warfare at the Conway Casa the last 10 days. All three of us have been sick with different things and it's been rough! We have managed to make the best of it and have still had so much fun with her. I haven't taken as many pictures as I normally do, but I've made up for it since we took CC to get her 9 month pictures made today (see post below this one). SHE'S SO PRETTY.
Camryn's Firsts for the Past Few Weeks
First Week to Point at EVERYTHING. I feel like we've entered the 'why' stage a little early. But, instead of 'why?' it's 'eh?' and a point. At the ceiling fan. At the tv. At the button on your shirt. At Otis. At Tate. You get the picture. It's 'eh?' from the minute she wakes up until the lights go down in her room. And then she'll respond with something that sounds like it means something to her, but we don't have the translation. Yet. Can't wait!First Time to Climb the Stairs. This one makes me nervous. (I am curious how often I write that here - Kevin thinks everything makes me nervous and that it's not healthy!) With her Daddy's help (of course), she climbed 5 stairs one evening, only to top it sometime in the same week with all the way to the top! Guskitty is excellent bait for this...Camryn still loves the elusive Guskitty. Oddly enough, the cat is not too elusive when Camryn is eating Turkey or Chicken for dinner. She rubs all over the high chair legs, which only further distracts CC from eating - but you can see how exciting it is for her that the kitty's close!
First Time to be a Real Gigglebox. Ok, so now she might finally be my daughter. Camryn has started laughing at everything - and once something gets her going, pretty much anything will keep her going! She loves to be held and chase Otis through the house, she laughs when her Grandma Linda yells "HELLO BABY" in her face (who wouldn't?), she laughs when I rub her feet on her Daddy's head, she laughs when we crawl towards her. We're having so much fun...
Maybe it's because its 9/11 and all day I've been thinking about how thankful I am for everyone in my life, or maybe it's because I've had a high fever for too many days in a row and I'm losing it, but I am overwhelmed with how much I love this little person. When I found out I was pregnant, even though it was something I had wanted for so long, I was a little worried about what a baby would do to my relationship with my husband and our life. Now, I can't even imagine one minute without her. And, that's not to say that sometime I wouldn't mind having just a little bit longer to dry my hair in the morning or wear a shirt that isn't instantly stained by something... but all or none? I'll definitely take all, no questions asked. I keep watching her for clues about what she is going to be like when she grows up - will she be left handed or right handed? will she play ball like me? will she be smart like her Daddy? will she be shy or outgoing? I love that this journey with her has just begun!
Now, just some pictures from Camryn and her Daddy playing around last Sunday morning. I especially like the one where Tate looks really happy to be there!
And, if you'll recall, in one of the November posts (when she was brand new!), there was a picture of Grandma Linda rocking Camryn and Tate. We did an update to that picture this week also (and again, poor Tate - CC's got a good hold on her ear)...
And now, for the funny picture(s) of the past few weeks:
This one is actually from tonight. When we got home from her photo shoot (ok, I'm hilarious), we decided to try one of the 3rd foods - Spaghetti Something-or-Other. Since she was wearing a little blue and mostly white top, we took that off, and just put a bib on. I told her that most kids eat spaghetti shirtless for awhile. She looked at her Daddy, who was armed with the camera, for a little reassurance.
Poor baby.
Things didn't get much better after trying the spaghetti. She took the first few bites eagerly, then sort of shuddered and gagged at the same time. Then she gave me this face, which says a combination of "How could you do that to me?" and "Wait until I get you back for that!"
More in a few!


1 comment:
I love the last picture!! And your post was so sweet! Life w/ your little girl is just so wonderful isn't it? We are so very blessed. Hope you are all better!!
Post a Comment