Show me your teeth! That's what we say to get the look above... it cracks me up every time. We have been busy the last few weeks - mostly more of the same... just trying to keep up with our growing girl (and my growing belly!).
I downloaded my pictures from my camera tonight and realized that I had over 80 pictures from the last few weeks... and a bunch of videos. So, this will mostly be a picture most and I'll share a few videos. (UPDATE: Ok, so I can't upload my videos for some reason tonight... will try to do so tomorrow!)
A few weeks ago (maybe more like mid-May) we had a play date with Jamie and Caleb. Camryn was home with an ear infection (yes, I think we were on the 4th or 5th since January) but apparently did not get the memo that she did not feel well, so was full of energy. We called Jamie and Caleb to come and swim and the kids had fun playing in the little pool in the yard. The best picture of the day was when they were saying goodbye - here they are:
That next weekend Camryn had a big first - her first powdered donut. There are not a lot of thing that I crave during pregnancy - but powdered donuts are an exception. I felt guilty eating them and not sharing them (since they are so good!). I think it enhanced her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse experience that morning!
Since it has been so hot lately, we have spent a lot of time outside in the little pool. She is very funny - likes to play with her toys, tries to keep all of the grass out of the pool, calls Otis to 'come on' (which means, come here) and then tells him 'back' when he tries to get in the pool with her. A few pictures from one of our afternoons outside:
She calls it yo-go, we call it yogurt. Same thing as that whole tomato/tomahto thing I suppose. However you say it, it's one of her favorite things. And, something that she prefers to do on her own. So, when we don't feel like fighting with her (when she does decide that she wants to do things herself, she flat refuses to let us help her and will go hungry) we typically strip her down to her diaper and let her eat it herself. It's not a pretty sight, but here is the afterglow of the 'yo-go bath' from a few weekends ago:
We are so lucky to have so much of our family close by. During most weekends, Camryn spends time with all of her grandparents and we go see my Grandma Lo almost every Sunday. I like having a routine with her where she can count on seeing everyone on a regular basis and and I love the little things that have happened as a result of our routine (like today, when we left from our visit this morning, she blew Grandma Lo kisses from the car saying 'byyyyyye-byyyyyye'. It melted my heart.) When she goes to her Granny and Paw Paw's to spend time (usually on Sunday afternoons while I catch up with work/errands and Kevin plays basketball), she gets to play in the little pool over there too - some pictures from last weekend when we were all entertained with just watching her. (the first one is funny because she squirted herself right in the face with the pool toy!)
This weekend we took a quick trip down to Galveston and hit the beach for the first time this summer. It took her a few minutes to get comfortable, but then she was fearless once again. A few pictures from our trip: (the one of her running towards the water is funny because that is what we saw most of the time - poor Kevin chased her for the entire time - she loved the water!)
When we found out we were pregnant again, we ordered a shirt for CC that reads, "This Little Monkey is Going to be a Big Sister." It's amusing to see her wear it because she is so little - and yet she will be the big sister! I also like these pictures because you can see her new kicks - they are sneakers and they have shoelaces!
And now, for some funny pictures. These are both from today - the first one is from a game of 'airplane' between Kevin and Camryn - I just stuck the camera in there and ended up with a hilarious angle (she looks a little crazy!).


No comments:
Post a Comment