We have taken Camryn to the Houston Children's Museum two times this summer and she has had a blast both times - runs from the minute we get there until we put her back in the stroller. I had heard that it was a great place and we were not disappointed. The first trip we made in July I forgot my camera, so I tried to make up for it this time. Also, we've noticed that almost every family is there has more than one kid (or they are like us - a toddler with another one on the way). Somehow, it makes me feel less crazy to see that!
The first few pictures are from the big kid areas - where she still has fun and just runs from each thing to the next. (and since I'm now quite round and slow - thanks to my growing belly - I just waddled behind Kevin and CC and tried to keep up! )
In the Tot Spot area, she has a BLAST. This is just for little kids and has all sorts of things for her to do. One of her favorites is the slide area - and it has this little peep hole where she can see Kevin underneath. 
I thought the picture above was really cute until he took the camera with him under there and I could see what she was doing. Even though the flash is in the middle of the picture, it's still pretty funny. (I'm really obsessive about germs in these places, so this picture makes me want to cry a little - yes, her OPEN mouth, hands, and nose are pressed up against that plastic...)
There is also a tunnel to crawl through. She spent more time playing in the tunnel during our first trip to the museum and we figured out that when they do the tunnel at school, they are supposed to crawl to get back in line to go through. So, that's what she did the first couple of times - very funny to watch her crawl even outside of the tunnel. We told her it was ok to walk/run back and she just looked at me like I didn't know the rules!


No comments:
Post a Comment