At birth, Cody's measurements were:
- Weight: 9 lbs, 0 oz (he was 8 lbs, 8 oz when we left the hospital)
- Length: 20 1/2 inches long
- Head: [] cm
- Weight: 9 lbs, 4 oz -- 50-75 percentile
- Length: 22 1/2 inches -- 95+ percentile
- Head: 39 cm -- 75 percentile
He weighed 8 lbs, 8 oz when we left the hospital, which is what Camryn weighed at her 2 week appointment.
He is 22 1/2 inches long which means he "grew" 2 inches in 2 weeks. We think that this has more to do with the fact that he has stretched out - he was very folded up in my belly - so he probably was a little longer than 20 1/2 inches at birth. Ironically enough, at Camryn's 2 week appointment, they told us that she was also 22 1/2 inches long (she was 20 1/2 inches at birth too) - however, it was later noted to be an error because she was 22 1/2 inches long at her 2 month appointment!
Dr Twining confirmed that his jaundice is cleared up, so that is good news. The other things we talked about include:
* He's eating during the day every 2 hours and at night goes anywhere from 3 to 6 hours. He is a very loud sleeper (grunts and moans so much! sounds like he is constantly stretching) that he keeps me up for most of the night - even when he goes for a longer period of time between eating. He is also a snuggler and I'm trying hard to put him back in his bed after he nurses. The problem is that I fall asleep! And, he doesn't seem to make as much noise when he snuggles, so then we can sleep. Dr Twining did recommend that I put him back in his bed though - for safety reasons - so I am really trying to do that. He did tell me to not worry about him sleeping so long between feedings - don't wake the sleeping baby!
* He does not want a binky. (how did I get one that will not let her's go and one that does not want one?) For the time being, he is not a very fussy baby, so I can live without a binky (they are nice to have when nothing else will soothe - you know, babies need suckle time - I do not want to become the binky!) - but I worry a little about what we'll do when he starts to be fussy.
* He's a chill baby. Overall, he's a very happy baby - most of the time, just seems content and happy! I think that I'm also a little more relaxed, which maybe he picks up on. I've already been able to do way more with him than I did with Camryn on my own (poor little guy has run errands all over town already!).



1 comment:
He is sooo cute! You are definitely more relaxed w/ the second one! I seemed to enjoy it way more with meagan than with Lindsey and am really having fun with Blake! I cannot wait to hold him! I know this is a tough phase, but sleep will come again!!
Post a Comment