Monday, November 7, 2011

12 Month Checkup


Guess who had their 12 month check up today? This cute boy did!

We saw Dr Twining this afternoon for a 12 month check up as well as a check up on his asthma/croup from last week.

Back track to last week: last Wednesday I heard what I could only describe as a seal barking over the monitor around 4:30 am. When I checked the monitor, both babies were sleeping, so I wasn't sure who was barking or if I had even really heard it (maybe I dreamed it?). I went into each room and still could not tell that one of them was sick. However, when 7 am rolled around and Cody woke up it was very obvious that it was him. Every time he tried to talk and coo, he could only bark which really stressed him out. He would get more upset the more he tried to talk... when I undressed him, his chest was retracting so hard that it scared me. Kevin and I used his rescue inhaler and waited for the doctor to call back.

After seeing Dr Twining, he determined that it was asthma/croup brought on by a run of the mill, respiratory virus. He prescribed a steriod and two inhalers and we were back in business in about 36 hours. It was very scary though.

And naturally, this happened two days before his scheduled 12 month appointment, so we had to push that back.

Fast forward to today: Cody is happy and while he still has a little rattle in his chest, that is subsiding. His check up went great and we got the go ahead to try milk... a little in each bottle of formula and Dr Twining warned that it would be a slow process. I'm so hoping that it works.

Here are his measurements:

Weight: 23 lbs, 3 oz (50-75%)
Length: 37 inches (75-90%)
Head circumference: 48.5 cm (90-95%)

Cute boy still only has 6 teeth - but any day now we should get another!

No comments: