Happy New Year! Hope you all had a safe and happy holiday season -- I think we must have said at least 100 times, 'can you believe we have a baby this Christmas?!?' It's amazing to think of all the great things that 2008 brought us -- we are truly blessed and so thankful. We can't wait to make 2009 as much of a positive, awesome year.
This week we had a lot of family time, since Kevin was off work and we were able to all spend time together (as most of you know, he does work out of the house, so it's not like he's far away when he's working, CC and I just try to handle things on our own).
For New Year's Eve, we went to Brian and Kay's house. We had great food and company - Bill and Wendy joined us, along with my mom and Oneill. We thought we were going to be able to ring in the new year with them, but Camryn was a little stressed at this change of routine, so we headed home around 10. Bryleigh got to snuggle with Camryn for the first time, here she is holding her all by herself. It's so funny how she looks like such a big girl now next to Camryn and I still think of her as a little one! (they grow up so fast!)
And, a family picture from that night --
Camryn's Firsts for the Week (not a lot of firsts this week - but there are a few):
- First time to hang out in a bouncer. This bouncer is wonderful b/c it's small enough that I can carry it around the house and she seems to be entertained by it too, which is a bonus! Thanks to Grandma Linda for the bouncer!
- First time to reach out and bat objects. The bouncer has a bar on it and Camryn has reached for the little toys on it. She seems to not like snails very much - there is a snail on the bouncer that she sometimes gives it the evil eye. Pretty funny. She also does not like when I put a blanket over her legs and feet -- she waits about 2 seconds and then she gives three to four good kicks to knock the blanket off.
- First week to really start 'talking' and cooing. CC makes a lot of sounds and loves it when we mimic her. She will lay in her crib and 'talk' to her mobile and her stuffed animals. It's really sweet to watch. I'm going to try to get a good video of it this week to post later.
- First time to get really upset when we take her out of the bath. She loves being in the water and her baths, but then she is unhappy when it's over! When she is able to hold up her head and then eventually sit up, I'm sure her baths will be longer and we'll play more. But until then, it's hard to have her in there for very long - she's very slippery and squirmy!
Overall, we're doing great! Camryn is more alert during the day, has times where she definitely just wants some time to entertain herself ("quit snuggling me, Mom!!!") and will lay in her crib and 'talk' for a good bit of time. She does like to know that we're close by though... so maybe she does still need us! She is sleeping on average about 7 hours during the first stretch of the night, so we usually get until about 4 or 5 am to sleep - and then again until 8 am or so.
Starting this week, we are finally attempting to regain a little control (famous last words, right?)and put her on a schedule. Until now, the only routine we've ever had was at night/bedtime - which works wonderfully on most nights. During the day, I would feed her when she was hungry and let her hang out with me for most of the day downstairs. So, yesterday and today she took more than three naps in her crib (and did just fine) and I was able to do laundry, clean the kitchen, write thank you cards, update this blog, work out... it was amazing! So, hopefully by the time she has to go to daycare (mid/late February, don't get me started), then we'll be settled into this daytime routine too.
My mom asked for a video this week, so I have one from this week to post. This is of her in her bouncer one night. When we pull the frog to start the music, she kicks her legs like crazy. I tried to get it on video, probably could get a better one, so I'll try again. So, for Grandma Linda:
And now, the fun picture of the week: I always post here how much she loves her bath, etc... Last night, I tried to take one of those pictures - and this is the only one we got. Poor thing. Does not look happy - but I swear! - she is until we take her out!
More next week!


1 comment:
Hee hee-love the video. She's even sticking her tongue out like a frog!
Post a Comment