This week has been a busy week! Camryn and I had several outings during the week - all of which we enjoyed. She is still very portable and I am so happy - I needed to get out of the house a little bit! She met several new friends and was pretty happy for the most part.
She is 'talking' more and more -- we spend a good part of her alert time mimicking her and trying to get her to smile. She definitely has days where she is more smiley than others, but we can usually get at least a little one out of her. Kevin is great at making her coo and smile - here they are on Friday afternoon:
She is also trying so hard to suck her thumb. She just can't seem to figure it out! She puts her fist up to her mouth and moves it around, up and down; sometimes she even puts the whole thing in her mouth! She occasionally gets her thumb out, but then she misses her mouth. It's really cute, but I'd rather her not be a thumb-sucker, since if we stick to the Binkie then we can eventually take that away - we can't take the thumb away! Here are a few pictures of how hard she is trying to find that thumb!
On Wednesday, I picked up lunch at the Pear Tree and Camryn and I headed out to Houston to see Allie and have lunch. It was great to see her and she was able to snuggle with CC a little bit more this time, compared to the last time (when she was only a few days old and slept most the visit). Please think happy thoughts for Allie as she goes through the last trimester of her pregnancy - she's due mid-March!
On Thursday, we met Grandma Linda and our dear friend Cecilia for lunch. Camryn did so good in the restaurant - was wide-eyed and alert for most of the visit - and studying Cecilia. Turns out, it was because she was making a HUGE diaper, which almost resulted in a wardrobe change, but we were able to get it under control (did result in having to clean the car seat when we got home)! She was such a little angel too - didn't even cry, so I didn't realize that she had that kind of diaper. Poor baby!
Camryn and I then stopped in at BMC to meet Grandma Linda's coworkers -- the poor individuals who are no doubt bombarded with pictures of and information about our baby. They were all very sweet! In most cases, the introductions went a little like this: "This is my Granddaughter, Camryn. Isn't she the most beautiful, perfect, smart, wonderful baby you've ever seen?!?! Oh yeah, and this is my daughter, Jess." Pretty funny!
For the trip to lunch and BMC, Camryn wore one of the outfits from Jeff and Stephanie. She looked so cute - she doesn't have a lot of dresses in this size, so I LOVE it! She was worn out from all the running around - this picture is when I was waking her from her nap.
Friday, Camryn and I met up with Jamie and her little man, Caleb. So cute! A little bit of history: Jamie and I have known each other since 3rd grade when we both played softball at the Dad's Club in Pearland (Go Challengers!). From that point on, we were friends through school, were college roommates for four years at Texas A&M and were each other's maid of honor in 2001 (when Kevin and I were married) and 2002 (when Jamie and Doug were married). Last spring, we found out we were both pregnant and due just days apart in November, AND that we would both deliver at Clear Lake since we actually went to the same group of doctors - too crazy! Caleb was born almost exactly 24 hours before Camryn, so we were even in the hospital together for a little bit.
Friday was the first day we had the kids together since then - and it was pretty funny. When we introduced the kids in Caleb's GJ's office (Jamie's mom) after lunch, they didn't really notice each other, although at one point, Caleb yawned and then Camryn yawned, which was cute. Maybe a total coincidence, but still cute. Midway through the visit I misplaced my camera (lost in the diaper bag as usual!), but I did get this one of the babies sleeping before we introduced them: (and she's trying to find the thumb again!)
Jamie is going to send me some of her pictures so I'll update this section when I get them!
On Saturday, she had a pretty cranky day. Not sure if she was just overtired from the busy last few days, or what, but she only seemed happy when she was eating (which is exhausting for me!), did not want to sleep (again, exhausting for me), and she would go from perfectly content one minute to wailing the next (yep, exhausting for me!)! At one point, we were rocking in the chair in her room, and Otis (who is always concerned which she cries, even a little bit) tried to console her:
Today, Camryn was able to spend time with her Granny and Pawpaw (Buddy has decided on Pawpaw for his name!) and spent a few hours on Friday with Grandma Linda while Kevin and I had a date night - beer, wings and trivia at BWW's. It was a nice night out.
When I went to check on her during nap-time today, this is what I found... just as happy as she could be - and she did eventually go back to sleep! (I took the picture w/o the flash so that it wouldn't startle her, so it's a bit dark)
Camryn's Firsts for the Week:
- First week to be on a schedule - eats every 3 hours during the day and about every 2 hours in the evening. I am going to have to learn to be patient and not get too discouraged if we are not able to follow the schedule exactly. We are both making progress though.
- First night to sleep from 9 pm to 6:30 am - Yippee! (the very next night, we were up at 4 am again...but that's ok!) Now going on average about 7 hours between her last meal at night and her first meal in the morning.
- First time to have someone smell her feet (Cecilia always smells babies - I had to be sure she smelled good before we left for lunch!)
- First trip to the BMC campus
- First time to meet her boyfriend Caleb -- he's a cute little man!
Kevin left today for his first out of town business trip since CC was born. We will miss him tons - but the good news is that he's only in Los Angeles and he'll be home Friday morning. Her Granny and Pawpaw leave for their cruise later this week - we'll miss them too!
And now, the fun picture of the week:
On Thursday night, Camryn and I were in the bedroom just hanging out while Kevin was at his basketball game and I realized that I was missing one of my Bostons: Tate was with us, but Otis was not. Now, we always talk about how when we walk around the house we always trip over at least one Boston, as they are always underfoot and just want to be close, so it was a little unusual that I only had one of them begging to get up on the bed with us. So, I peeked into the living room and found Otis not only on the couch, which is not allowed, but also on Camryn's Boppy. He looked very comfy and not at all concerned that I had busted him. Check it out:
More next week!


No comments:
Post a Comment