This past Saturday, we celebrated Camryn's first birthday. We had a great party with lots of family and friends and she had so much fun (we were thankful that so many people could join us)! I am late with my post because I haven't been able to pull all of my pictures together, but I'll go ahead and post what I have now.
Her party started at 4 pm and I ended up having to wake her up for the party. She took an extra long nap because she had already had so much excitement that day - we went to Caleb's 1st birthday party earlier and that wore her out! I don't think she realized that she was going to get to do pretty much the same things all again in just a few hours. And just a cute picture of Camryn posing (ok, so she was really just chewing on her sunglasses) before going to Caleb's party on Saturday morning:
I suppose the big news of the day was that Grandma Linda bought Camryn her very own pony (his name is Joe) for her birthday. Most people have asked me a tentative, "Did y'all know about this beforehand?!?" -- the answer is yes, Mom gave us a few weeks to absorb the news! A close up picture of Joe: (isn't he cute?)
Joe was already in the backyard and ready for Camryn when she came downstairs. Super excited to see him, she was not hesitant at all about getting on him and loved riding! She would rock back and forth (as if to say, giddyup!) to let Grandma Linda and Cowboy know that she was ready to go. We all spent a good amount of time watching her ride him up and down the fenceline in the back yard. When I took her off so that other kids could take a ride, she was not happy with me! She rode him several times and each time had a blast. I was happy that the other kid at the party also seemed to enjoy him - there are cute pictures of Lindsey and Carson riding Joe at their blogs (see links to the right).
Some pictures of Camryn and Joe:
This picture is of Camryn and her friend Katelyn on Joe: (this brought back some memories for me and Curly (Katelyn's Mom) because we have been friends for a very long time and rode horses together)
After the pony, we all came inside and sang happy birthday to Camryn. For her birthday cake, Kevin made several little garden bug cakes (ladybugs, bumblebees, butterflies, dragonflies) and let Camryn pick which one she wanted to eat. She picked a butterfly, but much to our dismay, did not want to eat it! She didn't like the icing on her fingers and kept looking at me like, 'wipe this off Mama!' (she might be a little ocd like me) So, after trying a little more to get her to eat the cake, we finally resorted to feeding her a jar of garden vegetables which she loved. I know she'll have a sweet tooth at some point - her 1st birthday was just not the day to start it, apparently!
A side note about the cakes: Kevin made and decorated them all by himself; no one believed us that he did it, but he really did! Here are some pictures as proof - this was at 10 pm the Friday night before the party.
Opening the presents went a little bit like the cake - she wasn't sure why everyone was watching her and she was not into it. At all. So I didn't force the issue and after some of the guests left and it was a smaller group, I let Bryleigh open her presents and Camryn was a little more interested then. In the days since the party, she has loved having new presents - I think she was bored with her 'baby toys'. She really did get some cute stuff and we appreciate everything! The rest of the weekend we just hung around the house. I kept thinking about how much life changes in a single year. Before we had her last year I was so excited about being a new mom, but I had no idea of the love I would have for this little girl. I have really tried to enjoy every minute and not to say 'oh I can't wait until ________' (the until being the next stage) -- I know it all moves too fast to not enjoy where we are right now.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, please keep our friends Bill and Sunnye in your thoughts and prayers. Their son Grayson was born this weekend (he and Camryn share a birthday, a year apart) at just 26 weeks. He is doing well, but has a long fight ahead of him. Please pray for strength for Bill, Sunnye and Baby Grayson.


No comments:
Post a Comment