Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!

What a wonderful and busy Christmas day we had this year! It started around 7:30 with Camryn waking up at her normal time, not realizing that this was a big day! I wonder if she's going to realize it next year... we'll see...

This year, Santa brought Camryn her first 'set' of golf clubs and a personalized chair. Here she is posing in her chair with Tate and Otis (don't they look cute in their Christmas collars?):

CC was still not into opening presents, although I think it's improving. Yesterday, she picked up a present that was under the tree, still wrapped (for my brother Mark - we will see them sometime this week to do Christmas) -- she started to pull the paper off and I did not stop her. It took her over 10 minutes to unwrap the box and had a few moments of sheer excitement (offset by a few moments of utter despair when the paper would not come off as fast as she wanted to). I wanted to grab my camera for that, but I've learned that as soon as I grab my camera, she will stop what she's doing, so I did not.

Some pictures of her from Christmas morning --

Unwrapping presents:


Playing with her golf set:


Drinking milk with Elmo:

Grandma Linda, Cowboy, Rich and Cathy came over for breakfast (the best biscuits and sausage gravy) and we opened presents with them. Uncle Barney, Nicole, Cara, Fernando, Noah, Grandma Lo, Natalie and Aunt Pokey also joined us for breakfast -- it was a great morning.

Around noon, Granny and PawPaw came over to open presents with Camryn and then the rest of the family joined us around 1. We had good food (great desserts!) and a fun day. Camryn felt a little better and took two naps -- each one over two hours long! (and that's with a houseful of people!)

Thank you so much to everyone for all of the presents! I'm not sure of all of her favorites yet, but I do know that she loves the Pony Pop-up from Aunt Pattijean and Dennis and the book from Leslie and Dane. Thank you!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: