I'm sure that some of you can relate, but one of the things that I struggle with the most is that I don't really have any hobbies. For so long, I was either at work or with Kevin, with not a lot of separate "me" time in there.
One of my big goals this year is to work on "me." I feel like Kevin sets a good example for our children of being well-rounded; even though he works everyday, he also has a lot of outside interests: he plays basketball and golf, he fishes, messes with his car, and would probably do even more if he had more time. For me, not so much. That is what I'm hoping to change for 2011.
And, since I'm trying to be realistic about how much time I'll have once I go back to work, a lot of my goals are monthly. Baby steps.
- Do something fun for myself once a month (dinner with girlfriends, mani/pedi, massages, anything!)
- Work out at least two times a week (maybe even go to Yoga class with Mom once a month?)
- Read one book a month.
- Cook dinner at least 3 times a week.
- Donate something (time, money, household items) once a quarter.
- Increase general savings and retirement savings.
- Have date nights often.
- Be thankful everyday - we are so lucky and I tend to stress about everything.
- Clean out the flowerbeds on the side of the house and make them beautiful!
- Keep the blog up to date!
OK, so now these are for real! Wish me luck!


No comments:
Post a Comment